[MEncoder-users] Compiling mplayer/ffmpeg from cvs

Meino Christian Cramer Meino.Cramer at gmx.de
Tue Jun 14 05:53:23 CEST 2005

From: Jan Paul Schmidt <jps at fundament.org>
Subject: Re: [MEncoder-users] Compiling mplayer/ffmpeg from cvs
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 21:05:17 +0200

> Am 12.06.2005 um 16:02 schrieb Meino Christian Cramer:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> >  are there any known problems concerning libpostproc when
> >  compiling and installing ffmpeg and mplayer from CVS?
>
> Do you have any problems?

  Yes...unforunately I currently cannot reproduce teh bug, cause it is
  hidden by another one.

  The current problem is in short:
  I copy ffmpeg (cvs) and main of mplayer cvs to /tmp/.
  I copy libavcodec and libavformat from ffmpeg to main.
  I apply the following confirguring to ffmpeg:

     ./configure \
     --enable-gpl \
     --enable-shared \
     --prefix=/usr \
     --enable-mp3lame \
     --enable-libogg \
     --enable-vorbis \
     --disable-xvid \
     --enable-zlib \
     --enable-faac \
     --enable-a52 \
     --enable-amr_wb=no \
     --enable-amr_nb=no \
     --enable-amr_nb-fixed=no \
     --enable-shared-pp \
     --enable-pthreads

 compile it and install.

 Then I apply the following configuring to mplayer:

    ./configure \
    --enable-gui \
    --enable-alsa \
    --disable-sdl \
    --enable-tv \
    --disable-xvid \
    --enable-dvdread \
    --enable-dxr3 \
    --enable-linux-devfs \
    --enable-linux-devfs \
    --enable-menu \
    --enable-xmms \
    --enable-vorbis \
    --prefix=/usr

 compile and BANG! :)

cc: Internal error: Killed (program cc1)
Please submit a full bug report.
See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
make[1]: *** [motion_est.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/ramfs/mplayer/main/libavcodec'
make: *** [libavcodec/libavcodec.a] Error 2
{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:112330: Warning: end of file not at end of a line; newline in  rted

This is the _current_ problem. The problem I had initially appears
when adding "--enable-shared-pp" to both configurings.

But -- currently I cannot reproduce it due to the above bug.

I do not believe, that this bug is really due to cc, since all other
compiles I do (which are a lot of...) run perfectly -- including
mplayer and ffmpeg (not including the initial bug, which was the
reason for my first mail to this list).

I would be happy, if someone could help me to get this running
again. My way of compiling ffmpeg and mplayer works "for years" and
now it breaks...

Thank you VERY much for any help in advance!

Kind regards,
Meino