[MEncoder-users] A/V sync issues encoding from huffyuv avi to mpeg2

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Tue Jun 14 05:17:32 CEST 2005

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 17:42:12 -0400
Brian Keener <keenerb at roleplayga.org> wrote:

> Does this apply to just mpeg encoding, or could it be that my source
> AVI also has sync issues that I just haven't noticed?

If your input frame-rate (-fps) is even slightly different than your
output frame-rate (-ofps), "-noskip" will cause desync, no matter what
container format you use.

> -mc 0 and removing -noskip had no affect.  ANy other ideas?

Without an example file, I have no way to guess what the problem
might be.  However, there are many ways to re-sync a file. I'm sure
that is an FAQ, and should be explained in the docs.