[MEncoder-users] DVD >> MKV with mencoder script.

Federico 'Pain' Pistono fppain at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 23:48:34 CEST 2005

On 02/06/05, Martin Collins <martin at mkcollins.org> wrote:

> Firstly, make sure you have an up to date version of mkvtoolnix (and
> ogmtools).

The last one, compiled from source.

Secondly, try it without -hardframedrop.

Ok

Thirdly, you could try harddup and/or -mc 0 in the video encoding.

Ok

Rich may have some input on this.
> Fourthly, if you can't get rid of the desync but it is constant you
> can specify an audio delay with mkvmerge.

There is no delay at the beginning, I could easily fix that if it was.
Still, why does it work with xine?

> (2) What's the easiest way to grab the crop and inset into the
> > script without making the person do the job before running the
> > script?
>
> RC is the expert on this. Here's his script:

I checked that out, and i'm testing it right now. Sounds good.

Fede

--
Federico 'Pain' Pistono - Scream for me....
Department of Computer Science - Verona, Italy

Linux Registered User #340392