[MEncoder-users] Re: Howto fix audio delay

Florian Schulze florian.proff.schulze at gmx.net
Mon Jul 11 13:00:28 CEST 2005

On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 12:43:13 +0200, Florian Schulze
<florian.proff.schulze at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I encoded videos with xvid (1.1beta from thursday) and mp3 with vbr and
> the sound is played to late, I can adjust it with a audio delay of
> -500ms. Now I want to make that permanent in the avi. How can I do that,
> VirtualDub chokes on the VBR.
>
> Regards,
> Florian Schulze

I tried some of the things mentioned in this thread, but I couldn't fix my
problem. *But* the problem isn't as bad as I thought. I tried the
resulting avis with WMP and they are fine, then I tried them on my
standalone dvd player (which also supports xvid) and they are almost
perfect as well (sometimes the sound skips for a very short time), there
is no delay noticeable. So this seems to be some problem with mplayer
itself. I'm currently using pre7, but had problems with pre5 as well.

Regards,
Florian Schulze