[MEncoder-users] Closing all GOPs

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at tiscali.it
Sat Jul 2 11:01:45 CEST 2005

Julio César Carrascal wrote:

>Hi.
>
>First time posting here. I've been searching the archives for this
>subject but hasn't found anything related. Last couple of days I was
>trying to obtain a dvd file that programs like Nero and Sony DVD
>Architect accept as compliant to DVD standards but didn't have any
>luck. They always complain and try to re-encode the movie with the
>corresponding quality loss.
>
>A friend recommended me to use Mediachance DVD-Lab wich could tell me
>what was wrong with my file. I've fixed all errors and warnings that
>DVD-Lab gave me except for one:
>
>Close ALL GOPs
>
>The corresponding lavc option says it isn't implemented. This is the
>batch I'm using:
>
>@echo off
>
>set input="%1"
>set output="%2"
>
>set opts=-endpos 60 -ss 360 -ofps 24 -oac copy -ovc lavc -srate 2145
>-vf expand=704:456,scale=740:480,harddup,softskip -noskip -mc 1 -of
>mpeg -mpegopts format=dvd:telecine

-ofps 24000/1001 is the right fps for NTSC dvds.
expanding before rescaling is quite unusual; are you sure it's what you
want?

>set pass1opts=%opts% -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg2video -lavcopts
>vcodec=mpeg2video:vbitrate=4500:aspect=4/3:turbo:vpass=1

:mbd=2:keyint=18 (I use 25) are strongly adviced

>set pass2opts=%opts% -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg2video -lavcopts
>vcodec=mpeg2video:vbitrate=4500:aspect=4/3:vpass=2
>
>mencoder -o %output% %input% %pass1opts%
>mencoder -o %output% %input% %pass2opts%
>
>Is there any way around? Any idea when will it be implemented?
>
>Thanks.

:cgop doesn't work, unfortunately. You should ask ffmpeg-devel if it
will be implemented.
Dvdauthor can author non-standard dvds without complaining excessively