[MEncoder-users] Closing all GOPs

Julio César Carrascal jcarrascal at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 07:19:08 CEST 2005

Hi.

First time posting here. I've been searching the archives for this
subject but hasn't found anything related. Last couple of days I was
trying to obtain a dvd file that programs like Nero and Sony DVD
Architect accept as compliant to DVD standards but didn't have any
luck. They always complain and try to re-encode the movie with the
corresponding quality loss.

A friend recommended me to use Mediachance DVD-Lab wich could tell me
what was wrong with my file. I've fixed all errors and warnings that
DVD-Lab gave me except for one:

Close ALL GOPs

The corresponding lavc option says it isn't implemented. This is the
batch I'm using:

@echo off

set input="%1"
set output="%2"

set opts=-endpos 60 -ss 360 -ofps 24 -oac copy -ovc lavc -srate 2145
-vf expand=704:456,scale=740:480,harddup,softskip -noskip -mc 1 -of
mpeg -mpegopts format=dvd:telecine
set pass1opts=%opts% -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg2video -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg2video:vbitrate=4500:aspect=4/3:turbo:vpass=1
set pass2opts=%opts% -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg2video -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg2video:vbitrate=4500:aspect=4/3:vpass=2

mencoder -o %output% %input% %pass1opts%
mencoder -o %output% %input% %pass2opts%

Is there any way around? Any idea when will it be implemented?

Thanks.

--
Julio César Carrascal Urquijo

I got the Windows version done in The Proverbial Weekend (defined as
one weekend to get it working, two weeks to fix bugs, another week
to rewrite it to workaround new bugs introduced by a patch to Internet
Explorer).
        -- Joel Spolsky