[MEncoder-users] Multiplexing with mencoder

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at tiscali.it
Sun Feb 27 16:08:18 CET 2005

Luke wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have just checked out CVS version of the mplayer, since it has the
>new MPEG muxer. I was experimenting with it and ... when I try to
>convert a trailer movie (MOV: video->SVQ3, audio->QDM2) to mpeg2 the
>audio doesn't get converted. This movie is played correctly on mplayer
>and the codecs are loaded correctly.

because the muxer can store mp2 and ac3, so you need to re-encode it
(I reccoment -oac toolame).
What command line did you use?
Where's the log?

>Quesions : why is this happening? can it be fixed? and how to handle
>that?
>
>Question: is it possible to use mencoder as a multiplexer. I can
>successfully rip video to m2v and audio to mp2. How can I multiplex
>them to mpeg2(and dvd) formats

in theory so:
mencoder -of mpeg -mpegopts format=dvd -oac copy -ovc copy -rawaudio
format=0x50 -audiofile file.mp2
-audio-demuxer 20 file.m2v -o file.mpg

in practive something seems to go wrong and audio bitrate and timer are
wrong.

I didn't try it very often and I never investigated deep enough.

Please, report if it works for you