[MEncoder-users] Multiplexing with mencoder

Luke hintingMPEG4 at o2.pl
Sun Feb 27 15:44:50 CET 2005

Hi,

I have just checked out CVS version of the mplayer, since it has the
new MPEG muxer. I was experimenting with it and ... when I try to
convert a trailer movie (MOV: video->SVQ3, audio->QDM2) to mpeg2 the
audio doesn't get converted. This movie is played correctly on mplayer
and the codecs are loaded correctly.

Quesions : why is this happening? can it be fixed? and how to handle
that?

Question: is it possible to use mencoder as a multiplexer. I can
successfully rip video to m2v and audio to mp2. How can I multiplex
them to mpeg2(and dvd) formats

Thanks,
 Luke