[MEncoder-users] saa7130 sound

David Miller david at millersweb.com
Thu Feb 10 05:25:32 CET 2005

I have a capture card with a 7130.  the card is video only.  Sound must
be captured through the sound card.
If I execute the following command mplayer displays a picture and sound
comes through the sound card.
 mplayer tv:// -tv driver=v4l2:normid=4 -vo xv
If I start my video source before starting mplayer, I will here the the
sound through the sound card.

I try recording with the following command:
mencoder tv:// -tv driver=v4l2:normid=4 -oac mp3lame -ovc lavc  -o test.avi
This records a file called test.avi

Play it back with
mplayer -vo xv test.avi
I get video with no audio.  The video is not as good as the video viewed
with the first command.

I just don't know enough about video and all the terms used in the man
page but I don't see anyplace to select the sound card as the audio
source for the recording.

Help please.

David