[MEncoder-users] Matroska problem A-V sync

Phil Ehrens phil at slug.org
Wed Feb 9 23:37:39 CET 2005

phil.oleynik wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Recently, I read post about A-V sync if the file is broken, and plays in
> mplayer with problems.
> I have another story - original mkv file plays fine, without bugs and
> A-V is fine at each frame.
> But when I reencode it using mencoder, is exits in the middle with
> message about this:
> "too many consecutive audio frames, buffer overflow"
> If I extract video using mkvextract, it is no more synced with audio
> after that particular timecode
> that causes mencoder to crash.
> Does anyone know, how to workaround?

I have worked around similar things by using transcode with
the '-x mplayer' option. This uses mplayer as the export
filter, so if mplayer can play something, transcode can be
used to reencode it. It is baffling to me that mencoder does
not have a similar mode.

--
Phil Ehrens <phil at slug.org>      | Fun stuff:
The SilverLake Linux Users Group | http://www.ralphmag.org