[MEncoder-users] Broken AVI files???

Charles Wilcox willo at wpi.edu
Mon Feb 7 06:40:42 CET 2005

I copied about 14 DVDs recently, and only two of them played by default.

Using your suggestion of binary alteration worked for one of the "sick"
AVI files.

So, do the MPlayer developers know about this bug?  Is it 'mencoder' code,
or 'xvid' code?

I guess I'm curious to know what the cause is, and if a permanent solution
is in the works.  In the mean-time, I can binary-edit all my files
appropriately.

  -- Charles Wilcox