[MEncoder-users] Re: MEncoder and subtitles

Domjan Svilkovic dsvilko at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 16:33:19 CET 2005

On 12/28/05, Krzysiek <kl1w at o2.pl> wrote:
> I have this Problem too.
> I use: mencoder a.avi -oac copy -ovc lavc -sub a.txt -subcp cp1250 -o a2.avi
>
> and "-subcp cp1250" is ignoring..

Not shure it's the same problem. Anyway, I found out what was wrong.
It seems that mencoder will ignore -font and -subfont-text-scale
options as long as there is a valid default font in the ~/.mplayer
directory. I think that's a bug in mencoder as the same options in
mplayer happily override the defaults (as they should).
After deleting the ~/.mplayer/subfont.ttf and ~/.mplayer/font,
mencoder started accepting the font-related options.
You could try that and see how it works out.

Domjan