[MEncoder-users] convert real media video

Rio Mascarenhas carmaski at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 14 19:19:35 CEST 2005

Hi,
	I was trying to convert real media video files i.e.
.rm files to something sensible where I can just cut
out some portions.
	I tried to use

mencoder -ovc copy -oac pcm Untitled.rm -o adf.avi

	but I don’t think anything including mplayer can read
this format. I am new to video codecs – so if there is
something I should read let me know. I did try to play
the original file Untitled.rm in mplayer and it plays
fine. So I just thought that I could make a screen
dump of it using mencoder – but this does not seem to
work.

I hope someone has some idea about this.
Regards,
Rio