[MEncoder-users] a-v synchronization problems of some NTSC DVDs with -oac copy

David Soukal dsoukal1 at binghamton.edu
Thu Apr 28 16:48:22 CEST 2005

Hello,

I have prepared a small fragment of one of the problematic movies. I
apologize for its size (320 MB) but I wasn't able to narrow the problem
more down. The audio is almost in sync but in the very last scene, you
can see a slight delay. It seems to me that some parts are almost ok but
others are not.

I also uploaded the script that I used to convert the movie, so
hopefully you'll be able to reproduce it exactly. Just to make sure that
you can see the delay I see I added also the encoded video.

If had time, could you, please, try to reproduce the problem? I have
read the comments that it's probably XVid's (version 1.0.3) fault, but
I'd like to be sure.

Thank you very much!

In order to download the files, please use FTP to log to 128.226.120.56
with user name 'mencoder' and the password 'mplayer'. The files are in
directory /public/mencoder.

Thanks again.

David