[MEncoder-users] Converting PNG files to MPEG-4

Pierre Sarrazin sarrazip at sympatico.ca
Sun Apr 17 23:55:59 CEST 2005

Dixit mvalle at cscs.ch (2005-04-17 05:32):
> > mencoder "mf://*.png" -mf w=800:h=600:fps=25:type=png -ovc lavc
> > -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4 -oac copy -o output.avi
>
> mf: with PNF files failed for me when PNG used a Colormodel
> different from TrueColor.
> Do you have ImageMagick installed? look at the output of:
> identify -verbose your_image.png to check this.
> If this is the case use ImageMagick convert to move to a sane colormodel.

Thanks, this worked.  I used a command like this one to convert
each PNG file:

    convert in.png -type truecolor out.png

Then the original mencoder command line worked.

According to the 'identify' command, it's the 'Class' property of
the PNG files that changed from PseudoClass to DirectClass.

--
Pierre Sarrazin <sarrazip at sarrazip . com>