[MEncoder-users] Audiostreams

Oded Shimon ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org
Sat Apr 9 10:13:11 CEST 2005

On Sat, Apr 09, 2005 at 10:04:39AM +0200, Winterbird wrote:
> Korenko Taras wrote:
>
> >Good morning/day/evening, List.
> >
> >Don't hit me please :) , but I have a silly question: How can I
> >save two autiostreams (aid=(128 and 129) ) during decoding from
> >*.vob to *.avi?
> >
> >Please point me to appropriate part of MEncoder's documentation.
> >
> >Thanks.
> >

> the avi container doesn't support dual audistreams, it's better to put
> it in a motroska container.
> just encode the audio and video separatly, with the -nosound option when
> you encode the video and the -novideo option when you encode the audio
> streams, then use the mmg program from mkvtoolnix (www.matroska.org) to
> merge the video and audio to one mkv file.

There is no -novideo for MEncoder, MEncoder must have a video stream
to run. I'm not sure how 'mmg' works, but if it can accept input from
avi's, you can use:

mencoder -o video.avi -nosound file.vob <encoding options>
mencoder -o audio1.avi -ovc frameno -mc 0 -noskip file.vob -aid 128 -oac copy
mencoder -o audio2.avi -ovc frameno -mc 0 -noskip file.vob -aid 129 -oac copy

and then merge as necessary.

- ods15