[MEncoder-users] inverse telecine with 60 fps progressive video

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Thu Apr 7 18:42:43 CEST 2005

On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 11:53:47PM -0700, Scott W. Larson wrote:
> I'm having difficulty getting a filter to correctly inverse telecine 60
> fps progressive material that has been damaged by reception problems and
> edits with the new EDL code. In all cases -fps is set to 59.94 and -ofps
> is set to 23.976.

The inverse telecine filters only operate on 30i input, not 60p.
Assuming this is hdtv content, there's a hack you can use that will
probably get it right:

-vf tinterlace,pullup (or your favorite ivtc filter)

Afterwards your video will be double-height so you'll need to do
something to fix that (e.g. scale). Test and see what the results are
like.

Rich