[MEncoder-users] two pass encoding with pullup

Winterbird winterbird at anime-avatar.net
Mon Apr 4 19:58:37 CEST 2005

Hello.
I'm happy for the usefullness of two pass encoding. However, I'm having
difficulties understanding how to use it with IVTC filters, like pullup.
What should the first pass look like if I use pullap to ivtc the video?
should the pullup filter be active on both passes or just on the second?
The reason I ask is because when I use the pullup filter on both passes
I can sometimes see some ugly bit usage on moving objects and so on. I
havn't tried yet with pullup of on the first pass, but I'm still not
sure if that is the right thing to do...

thx for any help.