[MEncoder-users] mencoder dedicated box

kor at li.pl kor at li.pl
Wed Nov 24 22:07:44 CET 2004

Howdy,

  I would like to build a mencoder dedicated box for a friend doing a lot of
movie compression. It's going to be a FreeBSD box using mencoder.
I have not been using mencoder much so my question is:
what should I put inside so that it allows (more or less) real time
compression from
DV to mpeg4.

I'd be very grateful ifor any hints. So tell me what gear you use and what
are the effects.

I heard that some windows combine running on 1.2GHz Athlon, 256MB  need 4
hours on average to cope with 1 hour movie. I sincerely hope that mcoder can
do any better.

Thanx in advance.

Radek Kotowicz.