[FFmpeg-user] Confusion over stream specifier on -map, -codec, and -filter_complex

Mark Filipak markfilipak.imdb at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 18:09:09 EEST 2024

On 25/07/2024 03.16, gqqnb2005 wrote:
> Dear Mark,
>
> Thank you for your reply. But I'm looking at the syntax of Stream
> specifiers. It clearly specifies 7 forms.
>

>     1. stream_index
>     2. stream_type[:additional_stream_specifier]
>     3. g:group_specifier[:additional_stream_specifier]
>     4. p:program_id[:additional_stream_specifier]
>     5. #stream_id or i:stream_id
>     6. m:key[:value]
>     7. u

Do you understand FFmpeg documentation? I sure don't. Sorry.

I know what 'stream_type' is because it's defined.
The rest of the terms are not defined. And I can't infer meaning from examples because there are no
examples.

--Mark.

PS: If you find out what FFmpeg means when it calls things 'metadata', you'll let me know, eh? The
same with 'sidedata', eh?