[FFmpeg-user] Reordering frames in corrupt GoPro videos

Mark Filipak markfilipak.imdb at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 22:55:24 EEST 2024

On 20/07/2024 13.57, Vincent Deconinck wrote
-snip-> But I don't see any such dropped frames in the output.> I reformated the log for the 10
first frames in this spreadsheet:>
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nVWROlUkl2rzENiCpey5Sw1z97WS3tfR52ATjfn_rTU/edit?usp=sharing>
 > Do you see anything weird with it ?
Looks fine. I'd say you're in a hard place where your GoPro is just plain inconsistently erratic.

I don't know of any tool where you can simply pick up a frame and move it while you're watching a
stream. You might be able to use shuffleframes for uniform runs, but when the pattern changes you're
stuck with making intermediate shuffleframes until the uniformity returns. That would require you to
make splits based on frame numbers and it could get really ugly.

--Mark.