[FFmpeg-user] Can av1_amd work on framework?

S12 S12.Foss at pm.me
Sat Jul 13 18:51:41 EEST 2024

Hi, I've been trying to get av1_amd to work as described at the bottom of "https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Encode/AV1"

I have successfully been able to compile ffmpeg by following the instructions at "https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/CompilationGuide/Ubuntu". I have a Linux Mint system with a "AMD Radeon RX 7700S" Graphics card (Framework 16). When I compiled ffmpeg, it didn't include amf. I believe I then tried following the instructions at "https://www.ffmpeg.org/general.html#AMD-AMF_002fVCE", but now I get:

[av1_amf @ 0x558867364c40] DLL libamfrt64.so.1 failed to open
[vost#0:0/av1_amf @ 0x5588671bf940] Error while opening encoder - maybe incorrect parameters such as bit_rate, rate, width or height.
Could someone give me, or point me to, a detailed guide on amf setup?

Many thanks!