[FFmpeg-user] Lossless concatenation of 2 MP4 files with video and multiple audio streams plus subtitles and chapter markers

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Sat Jul 13 16:30:34 EEST 2024

Rick Keniuk (12024-07-13):
> That worked.  I have all the audio streams and subtitles in my concatenated
> file (and the joining point is flawless with out a gap or stutter).  Sadly
> the chapters didn't merge though.  That current result may get by for now.

The concat demuxer does not read chapters from the concatenated files,
but it can get chapters from the concat script.

In the short term: extract chapters from each input file and use your
favorite language to turn them into lines suitable for the concat
script.

In the long term: patch welcome.

Regards,

--