[FFmpeg-user] concat muxer: Preserve embedded metadata?

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Wed Jul 10 12:48:48 EEST 2024

Hello everyone :)

I just realized that when using the concat muxer (with a list of
filenames in a textfile), embedded metadata (title, date, etc) of the
source files is left behind and not copied through to the created output.

I understand that it's not trivial/clear to decide *which* metadata from
which source file(s) to keep, but is there any way to at least say "use
metadata from the 1st file"?
(which may probably satisfy a lot of use-cases, as the descriptive
metadata will probably match the rest too?)

Grateful for any suggestions :)

Thanks,
Peter