[FFmpeg-user] Audio transcoding with hardware acceleration

james young yjames680 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 2 21:51:23 EEST 2022

Hi,I am working on a software which converts the audio to mp3 with 8k bitrate using ffmpeg. The audio can be of any codec and the output will be mp3. This conversion takes longer time to finish for codecs like opus. So I am intending to use the gpu based machines to speed it up. So far i have tried this guide https://docs.nvidia.com/video-technologies/video-codec-sdk/ffmpeg-with-nvidia-gpu/ which tells to build ffmpeg with --enable-cuda-nvcc --enable-libnpp options. Performing the configuration in this guide will only allow the video conversion to use the hardware acceleration. Hardware acceleration is not being used for audio conversion. Is hardware acceleration supported for audio conversion?
Regards,James