[FFmpeg-user] How to extract m3u8 stream URL from webpage with 2 players?

Reino Wijnsma rwijnsma at xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 10 00:07:55 EET 2022

On 2022-01-09T17:39:05+0100, Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:
> But I found its GitHub home so I could check out the sources after seeing that
> it as FreePascal/Lazarus to use as dev tools and that is exactly what I use
> daily. :)
> https://github.com/benibela/xidel
>
> But I came to a halt anyway since the sources has layer after layer of
> dependencies, which are not explained in the readme file.
>
> The first dependency on "internettools" could be resolved since the same author
> had this also on his GitHub:
> https://github.com/benibela/internettools
>
> But then a bunch of other dependencies appeared which I decided were too much to
> hunt down.
> So I had to give up....
> Too bad.

I'm not sure why you're trying to compile Xidel from (the wrong) source when you can easily grab binaries from https://sourceforge.net/projects/videlibri/files/Xidel/ (binaries from the development map are recommended).

But if you insist...

http://videlibri.sourceforge.net/xidel.html:

tarball --> programs/internet/xidel/README.md <https://sourceforge.net/p/videlibri/code/ci/default/tree/programs/internet/xidel/README.md>:
> You can compile it by calling build.sh

$ curl -OL "https://sourceforge.net/projects/videlibri/files/Xidel/Xidel%20development/xidel-0.9.9.20211225.8285.b90e197a0a24.src.tar.gz"

$ tar -xf xidel-0.9.9.20211225.8285.b90e197a0a24.src.tar.gz

$ xidel-0.9.9.20211225.8285.b90e197a0a24-src/programs/internet/xidel/build.sh -s

This should be enough.
However, r8285 is not the latest dev-build. r8308 is, but... it's missing a dependency <https://github.com/benibela/xidel/issues/83>. :D

--
Reino