[FFmpeg-user] watch a folder for new images

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Tue Feb 1 02:01:26 EET 2022

On 1/31/2022 2:22 AM, Adam Nielsen via ffmpeg-user wrote:
> Instead of trying to repurpose FFmpeg to make it your whole application,
> you could try making your application work with FFmpeg.

That's usually my reaction when someone wants to do this kind of thing.

AFAICT, there have been a fair few requests for usage or features which
would be easy to write in any scripting language whereas the ffmpeg command
syntax gets complicated or brittle trying to do the same thing. Need to wait
for a file? Write a script. Need to process some but not all files in a
directory? Write a script. Etc. It's also common for people to try ramming
their entire pipeline into a single command, not always a good idea IMHO.

All that aside, since it sounds like this is a single image, it might be
easier to do this in imagemagick.

Later,

z!