[FFmpeg-user] Patch fails to apply

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Tue Feb 1 10:23:56 EET 2022

Hi Bryce,

On Mon, Jan 31, 2022 at 23:14:50 +0000, Bryce Newman wrote:
> I am not sure why this patch is failing.
> https://patchwork.ffmpeg.org/project/ffmpeg/patch/93113E7F-9B7A-4423-9AD2-47F3AF9401EA@gettyimages.com/

You should be asking on ffmpeg-devel. But anyway:

> Can someone please advise on how to resolve “error: corrupt patch at line 10“?

If you extract the patch from your email and try to apply, you might
see the error yourself. I think your mailer has corrupted the patch.
The function's opening bracket '{' shouldn't be on the first column in
the patch.

Did you attach the patch as an attachment?

It sending it with your mailer doesn't work on the list, you may want
to use "git send-email" instead (which is a bit tricky to control).

Cheers,
Moritz