[FFmpeg-user] How to improve ffprobe/ffmpeg speed?

sbtgerbtzertertv sbtgerbtzertertv at proton.me
Sun Dec 4 16:05:21 EET 2022

Update regarding my question from here: https://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2022-November/055677.html:

Nevermind ffmpeg/ffprobe being 2 times slower than mediainfo, ffprobe is 12 times slower than metaflac now. I updated my post on superuser.

To improve the performance I tried to tell ffprobe to do the same as is possible with metaflac and print only the VORBIS_COMMENT or TAG fields (so it doesn't parse the whole file or whatever makes it 12 times slower, but only that specific data block of a FLAC file) by running ffprobe -show_entries format_tags .., but this unfortunately doesn't improve the performance.