[FFmpeg-user] Changing scan type (progressive<->interlaced) without reencoding.

Steinar Apalnes steipal at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 12:56:49 EET 2022

Hi,

As the title says, is this at all possible? My concern is mostly with mpeg2
and h264 that have content of one type but encoded/marked as another. Most
notably content that has progressive video but stored interlaced. So I'm
probably talking about a bit stream filter here because just setting the
"field_order", "top" etc. flags when rewrapping does nothing.But I have not
found anything in the official docs that suggest this is currently possible
so it would be nice if some of you developers could shed some light on this.

Thanks,
Steinar Apalnes