[FFmpeg-user] How can I extract m3u8 URL for use with ffmpeg on this site?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 08:28:23 EEST 2022

On Sun, 17 Apr 2022 21:35:23 -0300, Micael Silva <micaelsilva at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I tried to manually enter a new bigger value for the exp= item to see if it
>> could be extended to 48 hours but it did not work...
>> It returned an error when used with ffmpeg.
>

>I don’t know how much you know about tokenized URLs but you couldn’t create
>a valid token just increasing the expire time because it need to match the
>HMAC hash param. That hash is calculated using all parameters plus a secret
>only known by the broadcaster.

It was a test for checking only. I did not really believe it would work given
the way the URL looks.

What I have now is the following:

1) A cron job which tries to use the current URL to download 20 s of video every
hour and send me an email if it fails.

2) Whenever it fails and I read the email I manually start FireFox and visit the
page with F12 so I can find the new m3u8 URL. It is then saved to a file used to
read the URL from the download script.

3) If it has not failed I do step #2 anyway in the evening so it will be OK
during nightly downloads (as seen from here).

But it would be much better if the Firefox procedure could be replaced by an
automatic extractor like I have for other sites than this:

http://www.freeintertv.com/view/id-2308

So far no luck in using curl or xidel or the like to find the currently active
m3u8 URL for this site.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden