[FFmpeg-user] How to get he total number of frames

Ulf Zibis Ulf.Zibis at CoSoCo.de
Tue Mar 9 15:30:50 EET 2021

Am 09.03.21 um 11:53 schrieb Moritz Barsnick:
> On Tue, Mar 09, 2021 at 11:07:21 +0100, Ulf Zibis wrote:
>> Am 09.03.21 um 10:43 schrieb Ulf Zibis:
>>> I suspect that the last "progression" line shows the exact count,
>>> as it may only report the last progression state a few µs before
>>> the operation is completed.
>> Can one please clarify this?
> The progess line is printed periodically, and additionally after the
> end of processing. Therefore the last visible line does not omit any
> stats.

Much thanks. This "heals" my suspectedness.

On the other hand, according Nicolas George there seems to be a possible incorrectness according packets count.

Anyway, in my case the packed count seems exact enough. I transcoded a MPEG2 file with 25 fps to Matroska and was wondering, that the output has 50 fps, so I wanted to verify, if the output really has ~ twice frames than the input.

-Ulf