[FFmpeg-user] 4K RGB->YUV realtime conversion.

Peter White peter.white at posteo.net
Tue Mar 9 09:42:30 EET 2021

On Tue, Mar 09, 2021 at 07:38:09AM +0100, Anders Degerberg wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 9, 2021 at 4:52 AM Peter White <peter.white at posteo.net> wrote:
>
> > Just an aside, you need to specifiy the -sws_flags like this:
> > -sws_flags bilinear+print_info
>
> Thanks Peter,
>  unfortunately it does not seem to improve the yuv conversion speed,
> still at about 0.6x. Some output below:

Having thought about it some more, I believe that is to be expected,
since basically no real interpolation is taking place other than
converting data types, if I am not mistaken.

But I could not help but notice this curiosity:

> [auto_scaler_0 @ 0x4508600] w:iw h:ih flags:'bicubic' interl:0

Here it states bicubic.

> [swscaler @ 0x450a040] bilinear scaler, from gbrp10le to yuv444p16le

And now it is bilinear.

Or did you mix the output of two different invocations?