[FFmpeg-user] 'fieldmatch' to pass non-telecined sequences -- Possible?

Mark Filipak (ffmpeg) markfilipak at bog.us
Tue Mar 9 07:05:18 EET 2021

I'm looking for a way to separate telecined sequences from the rest of a video. The following is one
idea.

The 'fieldmatch' filter favors telecined sequences [1]. I want it to drop telecined sequences and
pass the remaining frames (i.e. that are not telecined).

Is there any way to do that?

Thanks!

[1] 'fieldmatch' has a telecine detector. I'd like to hijack it (or do something similar).

--
In U.S. History: The House Un-American Activities Committee was a committee of the House of
Representatives that engaged in un-American activities.