[FFmpeg-user] Compiling FFmpeg with Nvidia GPU acceleration

madderek at ntlworld.com madderek at ntlworld.com
Sun Jan 17 23:34:47 EET 2021

-----Original Message-----
From: ffmpeg-user <ffmpeg-user-bounces at ffmpeg.org> On Behalf Of Carl Zwanzig
Sent: 17 January 2021 21:07
To: ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org
Subject: Re: [FFmpeg-user] Compiling FFmpeg with Nvidia GPU acceleration

Yes, you are right that I don't understand the compilation of software packages.  That's why I was hoping that someone would be kind enough to explain how to solve the problem, even if it's not an ffmpeg issue.
The instruction that I am using to produce a video from images works, it's just very slow.

Derek
Please fix your email quoting and send plain text to this list.

On 1/16/2021 6:47 AM, madderek--- via ffmpeg-user wrote:
> C:\Windows\System32\nv-codec-headers>make install PREFIX=/usr
>
> make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.

It really sounds like you are not familiar with the basic tools used to compile & build software packages. I realize that "I'm not an expert on any of this!" but you need to do some research about the command line build tools and how to use them. This is not an ffmpeg issue.

As I said previously, try first building ffmpeg using the instruction from ffmpeg and without nvidia/cuda; only when that works try adding nvidia.

Later,

z!