[FFmpeg-user] Compiling FFmpeg with Nvidia GPU acceleration

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Sun Jan 17 23:06:46 EET 2021

Please fix your email quoting and send plain text to this list.

On 1/16/2021 6:47 AM, madderek--- via ffmpeg-user wrote:
> C:\Windows\System32\nv-codec-headers>make install PREFIX=/usr
>
> make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.

It really sounds like you are not familiar with the basic tools used to
compile & build software packages. I realize that "I'm not an expert on any
of this!" but you need to do some research about the command line build
tools and how to use them. This is not an ffmpeg issue.

As I said previously, try first building ffmpeg using the instruction from
ffmpeg and without nvidia/cuda; only when that works try adding nvidia.

Later,

z!