[FFmpeg-user] Compiling FFmpeg with Nvidia GPU acceleration

madderek at ntlworld.com madderek at ntlworld.com
Fri Jan 15 20:49:00 EET 2021

Hi

I'm using Using FFmpeg with NVIDIA GPU Hardware Acceleration :: NVIDIA Video
Codec SDK Documentation
<https://docs.nvidia.com/video-technologies/video-codec-sdk/ffmpeg-with-nvid
ia-gpu/>  for Windows 10

All goes well until I hit the last three commands:

*	Goto nv-codec-headers directory and install ffnvcodec

make install PREFIX=/usr

*	Go to the FFmpeg installation folder and run the following command.

./configure --enable-nonfree -disable-shared --enable-cuda-sdk
--enable-libnpp --toolchain=msvc --extra-cflags=-I../nv_sdk
--extra-ldflags=-libpath:../nv_sdk

*	Compile the code by executing the following command.

make -j 8

I cannot get the 'make' command to work - I get  'make' is not recognized as
an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

I did try the next command, the ./configure one, this was also rejected.

Can anyone please help with this?

Derek Clements