[FFmpeg-user] Does ffmpeg support all streaming relative protocols, e.g., RTP/RTCP/RTSP and so on?

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Fri Jan 1 08:26:38 EET 2021

On 12/31/2020 6:41 PM, Hongyi Zhao wrote:
> I'm not sure whether the protocol and capability shipped in ffmpeg library
> can do such a job for me. To be more specific, for streaming media relative
> protocols, I've learned that RTP/RTCP/RTSP protocols are all
> needed, but I only noticed the following protocols are listed in the
> ffmpeg protocols documentation

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but I see RTP is there and RTCP comes
along for the ride (read the RTP info closely). There's also RTSP. But a lot
depends on what you're trying to do. In addition to those, there RTMP and
it's friends, HLS, and even SRT.

You'd do well to try a few things, also take a look at
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/StreamingGuide. Also get the source code and
see what's in the various libraries; things are constantly being added.

Later,

z!