[FFmpeg-user] Out of virtual memory (swap, I assume)

Mark Filipak (ffmpeg) markfilipak at bog.us
Wed Feb 3 09:34:00 EET 2021

On 02/03/2021 12:23 AM, Carl Zwanzig wrote:
> On 2/2/2021 2:52 PM, Mark Filipak (ffmpeg) wrote:
>> If that's true, what's eating the swap? Transcoding parts 1, 2, 3, & 4 all succeeded when running
>> concurrently. Transcoding part 5 fails, even when ffmpeg is the only app running.
>
> Out of curiosity, have you tried looking at the file with an mkv analyzer like MediaInfo, Elecard's
> analyzer* or maybe another one? (Is there metadata towards the end of the file containing junk info?)
>
> How does it behave if you drop the minterpolate or one of the other filters, output to a null file,
> or use a different output codec? (Anything to try isolating the problem.)

I'm doing as you suggest, but it takes so long I'll probably be up all night -- it's 2:30AM now.

Do you know of any tools that would help troubleshoot the problem? I'm running in Win10 using
Sysinternals Process Explorer, but it's not really a profiler.

> *https://www.elecard.com/products/video-analysis/video-format-analyzer

I would buy a good tool -- I actually prefer purchased over FOSS -- but their page is not very
informative or welcoming.

--
I don't have a dog.
And furthermore, my dog doesn't bite.