[FFmpeg-user] Out of virtual memory (swap, I assume)

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Wed Feb 3 07:23:13 EET 2021

On 2/2/2021 2:52 PM, Mark Filipak (ffmpeg) wrote:
> If that's true, what's eating the swap? Transcoding parts 1, 2, 3, & 4 all
> succeeded when running concurrently. Transcoding part 5 fails, even when
> ffmpeg is the only app running.

Out of curiosity, have you tried looking at the file with an mkv analyzer
like MediaInfo, Elecard's analyzer* or maybe another one? (Is there metadata
towards the end of the file containing junk info?)

How does it behave if you drop the minterpolate or one of the other filters,
output to a null file, or use a different output codec? (Anything to try
isolating the problem.)

*https://www.elecard.com/products/video-analysis/video-format-analyzer

Later,

z!