[FFmpeg-user] Why FFMPEG?

Android PowerUser tschikruma at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 15:56:33 EEST 2021

Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> schrieb am Mo., 16. Aug. 2021, 14:26:

> >power-users are working in terminals and the main-usage of a GUI is to
> have more than one terminal and show the clock

For you again the definition of power user:
https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power-User
English is apparently not available on Wikipedia.  Power users can handle
the terminal a lot or sometimes, like me, and you can still be a power user.

> >frankly writing software or edit complex server configurations on a
> fucking touch display may explain the sloppy quality of software by your
> generation

What bullshit.  If you program applications for the smartphone, it makes
> sense to do the same on the smartphone.  Mainly because you can save
> yourself the emulator and try out several Android versions on a
> smartphone.  Or explicitly on several smartphones with processing by
> manufacturers, which is probably not possible on Android Studio.

it's slow, inefficient and error-prone

And Windows not or what?  Where most PCs also run.  Android is now even
> apparently less prone to errors than Windows.  The higher the Android
> version, the more stable and less error-prone.
>

>but for "youtubers" and "influencers" it maybe enough, but that people
> are not pwoer users and if they all tomorrow would be striken by
> lightning the world won't notice it :-)

I'm neither a YouTuber nor an influencer nor anything like that.