[FFmpeg-user] libaom-av1 encoder bitrate commandes does not work

Miroslav Rovis miro.rovis at croatiafidelis.hr
Thu Apr 22 17:23:06 EEST 2021

On 210421-18:01+0200, David Rutgers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with the bitrate commades (-minrate -maxrate) with the
> libaom-av1 encoder.

Hi David!

The usual suggestion is: Give the full output of the FFmpeg command that you issued.
(and maybe the devs/advanced users that will be able to look up your issue are
tired of repeating it)

Give the command and redirect/paste all the STDOUT and send it to this ML in your reply (to your own first email is fine).

E.g. I've been doing:

ffmpeg -i SOME-VIDEO.mkv -strict -2 -cpu-used 6 -tiles 4x1 -row-mt 1 -c:v libaom-av1 -b:v 2M -pass 1 -an -f null /dev/null && ffmpeg -i SOME-VIDEO.mkv -strict -2 -cpu-used 7 -tiles 4x1 -row-mt 1 -c:v libaom-av1 -b:v 2M -pass 2 SOME-VIDEO.mp4 &

where I sent it to the background so I was later able to foreground it as if it were one job. You probably don't need that.

But if I were doing only the pass 2, I could do:

ffmpeg -i SOME-VIDEO.mkv -strict -2 -cpu-used 7 -tiles 4x1 -row-mt 1 -c:v libaom-av1 -b:v 2M -pass 2 SOME-VIDEO.mp4 |& tee SOME-VIDEO_MY-OWN-STDOUT.log

and in SOME-VIDEO_MY-OWN-STDOUT.log I would get all the output. Do likewise and send that with the command, that obviously will be different than mine.

I probably can't help with -minrate and -maxrate, but you need to do the above to hopefully get some help.

Regards!

--
Miroslav Rovis
Zagreb, Croatia