[FFmpeg-user] libaom-av1 encoder bitrate commandes does not work

David Rutgers rutgers.david at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 19:01:06 EEST 2021

Hi,

I have a problem with the bitrate commades (-minrate -maxrate) with the
libaom-av1 encoder.

These commands have no impact on the encoding and I don't get any error
message or alert that could help me. Even by copying the commands as they
are on the wiki I get the same result. I also can't find a way to set this
up by sending the command directly to the encoder via -aom-params.

This is what I get every time. And the final file size is the same no
matter what bitrate max/min is set.

cpb: bitrate max/min/avg: 0/0/0 buffer size: 2000000 vbv_delay: N/A

The tests are performed on Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS and macOS 10.15.7.With FFmpeg
version N-101538-g634433 with libaom-av1 v2.0.2 (compiled by myself) and
FFmpeg 11.0.3 and libaom 3.0.0 (compiled with brew).

I found no other person in my situation on the different forums, I hope I'm
not making a mistake.

Best regards
David Rutgers