[FFmpeg-user] repair missing audio header

Alexander Machev mukarator at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 18:46:29 EEST 2021

ffmpeg is reporting audio errors in some of my tv recordings.

[mp2 @ 0000000003956040] [error] Header missing
[error] Error while decoding stream #0:1: Invalid data found when
processing input

Is it possible to fix them without reencoding the whole audio stream ? As
far as I know an mpeg audio header contains things like bitrate, number of
audio channels etc., things that can be obtained from the rest of the
stream, I guess.

I tried with simple stream copy, but as expected, it changed nothing:
ffmpeg.exe -i input.ts -c copy output.ts