[FFmpeg-user] Error when reading file as stream

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Mon May 4 18:23:08 EEST 2020

Am Mo., 4. Mai 2020 um 14:35 Uhr schrieb adam smith via ffmpeg-user
<ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org>:

> > Use qtfaststart to “fix” mov files, so they don’t require seeking anymore.
>
> Thanks, I use -flags +global_header -movflags +faststart on mp4 files I
> create using ffmpeg, is that the same thing?

The result is very similar, but qtfaststart takes an existing mov file and
only moves the index in front of the file, leaving everything else exactly
identical while ffmpeg -i input -movflags +faststart out.mov writes a
new file (with different properties) that has the index already moved
to the beginning of the file.