[FFmpeg-user] CPU and GPU

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 10:56:32 EET 2020

Am Mo., 2. März 2020 um 03:48 Uhr schrieb Mark Filipak
<markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com>:

> So codec engineering companies like NGCodec, MainConcept, Beamr and
> MulticoreWare turn open source-based, ffmpeg workflows into FPGAs that,
> when mature firmware implementations, chip companies like Intel & NVIDIA
> turn into real hardware: masked GPUs. Do I have that right?

There may be a language barrier but to me this paragraph sounds at least
extremely misleading, there is no indication whatsoever that any company
ever "turn[ed an] ffmpeg workflow into" hardware.

Given that we have a good (or friendly) relationship to some of these
companies, I would kindly ask you to refrain from using this wording.