[FFmpeg-user] How do I create an ffmpeg command line?

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 11:48:25 EET 2020

> Am 01.03.2020 um 10:38 schrieb Mark Filipak <markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com>:
>
> On 03/01/2020 04:27 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
>>> Am 01.03.2020 um 08:12 schrieb Mark Filipak <markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> I have been looking for months, on and off. Is there any place that shows how to form a working ffmpeg command line? I'm trying to figure out how to use a fieldmatch filter.
>> It’s a good idea to show us what you tried and what went wrong so we can understand your problem.
>
> I know you want that, Carl. I haven't gotten that far. I need to know how to form a proper command line before I can take the next step.

Then please test the following (assuming your input is actually telecined, if it is not the command is slow and makes little sense. Remember that soft-telecined is progressive and not telecined from FFmpeg‘s point of view):
$ ffmpeg -i input -vf fieldmatch out.mov

This will not produce perfect output but I believe it is a very useful start point for your quest.