[FFmpeg-user] newbie help - framerate

Mark Foley mfoley at novatec-inc.com
Sat Jun 27 01:14:16 EEST 2020

I am trying for the first time to use ffmpeg. I have a collection of .jpg files
starting at 000.jpg, numbered sequentially.

On Windows 10 I've tried:

ffmpeg.exe -start_number 000 -i %03d.jpg -r 1/6 mom.mp4

This works (images displayed for 10 seconds), but only shows 3 of the 300+
images. If I leave off the -r option it builds the .mp4 with all images, but
they flash by as fast as possible.

How do I get all images to show for 10 seconds?

Problem #2.

The source .jpg images all vary in HxW size. How do I get them all to display
with the same height regardless of width?

Thanks (I need this for a presentation on Monday - gulp!)

--Mark