[FFmpeg-user] How do I increase the playback size of a video without rescaling it?

fowman ceperman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 14:55:55 EEST 2020

Mark Filipak wrote
> Isn't there another common factor? How about the display device? Are you
> playing to the same TV? Can
> that TV scale up 1280x720?

VLC and Xplayer are playing to my computer screen, and the PS/3 to my TV, so
no, not the same.

With the small mp4 (1280x720) playing through the PS/3, I can change the TV
display settings with "stretch" or "best fit" etc options to make the
picture bigger, but with the normal settings it's just a rectangle that
doesn't fill the screen. The TV is full HD 1080p.

Are you suggesting that the players may up-scale automatically under certain
circumstances? I can see how that's possible, but if so, are these
circumstances "standard" so that the players all behave in the same way, and
could I know what they are so I can engineer a predictable result?

Thanks,
Chris

--
Sent from: http://www.ffmpeg-archive.org/