[FFmpeg-user] Loading shared libraries in macOS

Aleksid beautyofnorth at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 10:14:39 EEST 2020

Why is ffmpeg looking for shared libraries in a folder where I compiled
FFmpeg sources on macOS Catalina?

Source code of FFmpeg is located in /usr/local/Cellar/ffmpeg

./configure --enable-shared --extra-cflags="-fno-stack-check" --enable-gpl
 --enable-version3 --enable-pthreads --enable-nonfree
make

Then I put all compiled shared libraries and small ffmpeg binary file to a
folder:  /Users/aleks/test/

I call ./ffmpeg

Library not loaded: /usr/local/Cellar/ffmpeg/lib/libavdevice.58.dylib
Referenced from: /Users/aleks/test/./ffmpeg
Reason: image not found

Why? All shared libraries are located in the same folder as ffmpeg
executable:  /Users/aleks/test/